- To invite students across the DFW Metroplex to show us how they express their creativity through Visual Arts, Performing Arts, or STEM disciplines.
- All students 2nd -12th grade
- Open Submissions: Students are invited to upload images, videos, and electronic pieces. This initial round will be reviewed and finalists will be selected in each category.
- Finalist Judging: Finalists will be asked to drop off physical entries at SPARK! for juried voting – both by a judging panel and the online community. Finalists will receive information to encourage friends and family to vote.
- All finalists’ entries will be on display at SPARK! during the Student Creativity Showcase Awards Event on Saturday, May 7. Teachers, classmates and families of the winners are invited to see the creative works and hear the announcement of winners for each category.
- Winners selected by May 2 and announced at the event on May 7.
|January 2022||Submissions Open|
|April 3, 2022||Submission Deadline|
|April 4 – 8, 2022||Judging Round 1|
|April 13, 2022||Finalists Announced|
|April 13 – 25, 2022||Finalists submit physical pieces for Round 2 judging|
|April 25 – 29, 2022||Judging Round 2|
|May 7, 2022||Student Creativity Showcase Awards Event at SPARK!|
- $1,500 prize pool for top students to use to further develop their creative skill
- Opportunity to be paired with a professional in their field of interest for a day of co-creating. This is a hands-on experience customized for each Judge’s Choice winner and will be scheduled based on mutual availability for both the winner and the professional.
- New this year! Students will have an opportunity to have their entry on display at a local Dallas Art & Culture venue.
Two rounds of judging will be completed by a panel of local businesses and creative institutions. People’s Choice voting will take place via social media, inviting the public to participate.
Round 1 – online review of submissions to determine finalists
Round 2 – Review of entries and picks for Judges’ Choice and Best in Show
People’s Choice – completed through the SPARK! Facebook page, engaging a broad audience of entrants’ friends and families as well as the general public