SPARK! wants to host your next Girl Scout or Boy Scout troop meeting!
Reservations are available Monday–Thursday from 4pm-6pm, 5pm-7pm, or 6pm-8pm.
Girls Scout Badges:
- Painting Badge (SPARK! instructor): Girl Scouts will learn a variety of painting techniques including: mixing colors to creating different moods, exploring texture techniques and paint mediums, and learning landscape basics. Each Brownie will finish their session at SPARK! with their own landscape masterpiece!
- Potter Badge (SPARK! instructor): Girl Scouts will explore the history of pottery in different cultures and its importance on civilization. The girls will dive into basic techniques of building a post such as how to handle clay, helpful tools to use in pottery, and important techniques to create a lasting product. Each Brownie will finish their session with their own pottery masterpiece!
- Drawing Badge (SPARK! instructor): Girls Scouts will learn a variety of drawing techniques including: shading, perspective, horizon lines and creating three dimensional objects. Each Junior will finish their session at SPARK! with their own still life masterpiece!
- Jewelry Badge (SPARK! instructor): Girls Scouts will explore the history and importance of jewelry in different cultures. The girls will look at beads from around the world, the materials they are made from, and will learn basic jewelry making techniques by exploring different tools, metals, and wires. Each Junior will finish their session at SPARK! with their own jewelry keepsake!
- Minimum troop size: 10 girl scouts
- Maximum troop size: 60 girl scouts
- Brownies or Junior
Boy Scout Badges:
- Build It! Badge (SPARK! instructor): Knowing how to use tools properly is a skill everyone can benefit from and with the Build It! Badge Webelo Scouts will have a chance to learn the basics of building and apply their knowledge in designing their own six-foot long plank bridge using saws, hammers, screwdrivers and drills!
- All Scout Levels
- Electronics Badge (SPARK! instructor): All electronics use common parts to create incredible marvels of technology, with the electronics badge, scouts will get to learn about the inner working of different electronics as well as create their own functioning quiz boards! This workshop will guide the scouts through the basics of soldering as well as providing a challenging build that will be appreciated for years to come!
- Painting Badge (SPARK! instructor): Available for scouts of all skill levels, the Painting Badge gives scouts the opportunity to learn about the different types of paints, how they affect the painting as well as explore acrylics, oil paints and watercolors in a fun, interactive and creative challenge. Scouts will also learn how to coat surfaces properly and clean supplies in an environment-friendly way!
- Pottery Sleep Under: February 23 7pm to 10pm (SPARK! instructor): Learn the basics of crafting with clay while you create pieces that will be fired in a kiln, take part in pottery wheel instruction and more. Scouts will get a chance to use professional grade tools and equipment to craft their pottery pieces an work towards earning their Pottery Badge.
$15 per scout, $5 per adult, per 2-hour session (each badge or patch is a session)
- Deposit is due within 14 days of booking a troop visit, or earlier if another group is requesting the same schedule.
- Deposit is due at time of booking if reservation is made less than 14 days from visit.
- Final payment is due no later than visit date. Business checks and credit cards are accepted. Credit cards will include a handling fee.
- If you need to reschedule your visit, you must contact the programs department at least two (2) weeks before your scheduled visit date in order for your payment to be applied to a new visit date; rescheduling is based on availability.
- Any changes with the number of scouts must be made seven (7) business days prior to visit.
- In the event that you are unable to attend a program for which you have registered, and your request is received by SPARK! with more than 30-days notice, you will receive a 25% refund.
- If SPARK! is closed due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. inclement weather, utility outage, or any other issue that may prohibit our ability to deliver a true SPARK! experience) all programs will automatically be canceled and 100% refund will be issued. If SPARK! is open, but your group chooses not to come, no refund will be issued.
For a safe and happy visit, see our Visitor Guidelines here.
Book now to experience creative immersion that will ignite creativity (to make age-appropriate programming available, we request that all groups be booked in advance).
Please complete the following form to begin reserving a spot for either your Boy or Girl Scout troop. Once we receive your request, we’ll contact you to discuss the variety of creative activities available for your group.