Development and Events Intern
Term: Fall Semester with option to continue in Spring Semester
Level: College Student
Reports to: Development Associate
Position Summary: Intern will assist SPARK! Staff in planning and execution of major fundraising and awareness building events to ensure success in raising funds for the organization, building a loyal donor base, and cultivating existing relationships. In this position, the intern will learn valuable project management and event execution skills in addition to gaining experience working with a young and growing nonprofit organization.
Assist SPARK! team with planning and execution of three major SPARK! events:
- Capture and track RSVPs
- Communicate and confirm details with all event vendors – catering, entertainment, decorations, instructors, etc.
- Assist SPARK! staff with other items as needed
Intern will assist SPARK! Team with:
- Marketing and communications
- Guest list management
- Volunteer recruitment
- Auction item management
- Expand SPARK! database of local teachers, schools, and children-focused nonprofits
- Draft all communications for teachers and parents – informational letters, flyers, showcase rules and requirements, FAQs, etc.
- Review and maintain organization of all student submissions (Spring Semester)
- Coordinate and manage both judging schedules, prepare judging rubric (Spring Semester)
- Oversee distribution of prizes to all showcase winners (Spring Semester)
- Assist with planning and execution of showcase event (Spring Semester)
- Current college student
- Interested in Nonprofit
- Able to work up to 20 hours a week
- Passion for the work and programs of SPARK! and ability to effectively communicate the organization’s vision to a wide range of audiences
- Highly organized, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well independently while maintaining strong collaborative relationships within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbal and in written
- Creative problem-solver who will excel in a new, growing and fast paced environment
- Good judgment, unquestionable ethical integrity and unfaltering attention to detail
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must provide own laptop and transportation
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.