Public Relations Associate
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Summary: This individual will focus on creating engaging content on multiple platforms, writing articles of strategic importance, serving as lead on social media, producing external newsletters, maintaining web sites, generating video content, supporting events and taking on other special projects as needed.
- Develop and produce SPARK!-branded event collateral including invitations, email blasts, save-the-dates and presentations, ensuring the SPARK! brand is consistent across all materials and events.
- Develop a strong social media presence.
- Responsible for all external communications.
- Represent SPARK! at various festivals and events.
- Responsible for street team staff and Segways including hiring and scheduling.
- Maintain positive working relationship with media members.
- Write and distribute press releases and other articles about the organization.
- Assist in organizing and executing of events and campaigns.
- Maintain the organization’s web site.
- Prepare and edit videos and presentations.
- Generate ideas for special promotions.
- Creative individual
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or communications
- 2-3 years professional experience
- Ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Able to organize and prioritize work
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team
- Able to work successfully across departments
- Maintain a consistently high level of quality
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S
- This job description is not all–inclusive and subject to change without prior written and/or verbal notifications.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com