Manager On Duty
Position Summary: Works directly with the public during open hours and special events in a variety of ways. Manager on Duty (MOD) is responsible for overseeing venue staff, facility and visitors to SPARK! When on duty, the MOD is the person ultimately responsible for the building and the people in and around it. MOD deals with complex procedures as well as secure and sensitive information. MOD is, at times, the most knowledgeable person in the building regarding operations. The MOD directly and indirectly supervises the entire on-duty staff during their shift.
- Able to commit to working weekends and holidays
- Manage, assign tasks, and supervise staff during shifts
- Maintain accurate accounting from Point of Sale transactions
- Support fundraising/donation efforts
- Demonstrate good judgment in difficult and complicated management situations
- Ability to maintain an appropriate, dispassionate demeanor in emergencies, difficult customer interactions, and interactions with personnel
- Proficient in job responsibilities for all SPARK! weekend staff positions
- Share the mission and future of SPARK! with all guests
- Have a strong knowledge of SPARK! history
- Oversee activities to ensure all guests are safe and not harming the SPARK! environment or equipment
- Engage with guests and assist as needed
- Manage customer relations
- Oversee all special events and birthday parties to ensure they are running smoothly
- Training staff as needed
- Cleanup at closing
- Set up for the day as needed
- Maintaining awareness of all events, special programs, discounts, performances, etc. happening at SPARK! and communicating the information to staff on duty
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills to talk with visitors
- Teamwork oriented
- Creative thinker
- Able to handle an ever changing environment
- Self motivated
- Spanish is a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Any physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com