Reports to: Marketing & Events Manager
Position Summary: Works with the Marketing & Events Manager to develop, coordinate and execute events from small weekly birthday parties to larger SPARK! events as well as facility rental functions.
- Assist with development and execution of onsite and offsite events, including SPARK! events and facility rentals.
- Help revamp Events Package for corporations and private event rentals.
- Understand and communicate all requirements for each event to staff and management.
- Plan events with attention to financial and time constraints.
- Respond timely to all event inquiries.
- Actively seek event opportunities.
- Send event contracts and collect payments.
- Promote all internal events on all social media platforms as well as SPARK! website.
- Evaluate event successes and opportunities for growth with pre and post event evaluation reports.
- Maintain photo files of events for use in all departments.
- Proactively identify opportunities for promoting SPARK! and the importance of creativity for children.
- Manage event contacts through Salesforce.
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Smooth execution of events with visitor engagement and satisfaction.
- Positive reviews from Birthday Party parents.
- Clear understanding and communication of SPARK! mission.
- Utilization of Salesforce and google drive applications as required.
- Highly organized, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactive, takes initiative and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and at least one graphic software.
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient in new software systems.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Availability to work on weekends and /or extended hours as necessary.
- Express a consistently high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive under pressure and on deadline.
- Energy, enthusiasm and self-confidence in building relationships for SPARK!
- Well organized with multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org