Before Your Visit
- SPARK! is open to the public from 10am–4pm every Saturday and all DISD school holidays
- SPARK! is open for school field trips and group visits Monday – Friday 9:00 – 4:00.
- SPARK! is not a “drop-off” facility. Unescorted children will not be admitted.
- Programming visits to SPARK! are arranged by group reservation. Please access the group inquiry form here to get the process started.
- Chaperones are required and ratios depend on the age of the children and the activity selected.
- Deposit for group visits must be made 14 days prior to visit.
- Familiarize your group with the SPARK! Group Visitor Guidelines below.
Age of Visitors
- Recommended for children in 2nd grade and up.
- Children younger than 2nd grade, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Toddlers are not allowed in the Climb, Crawl, Slide sculpture.
- Strollers and baby carriers of any kind are not permitted inside SPARK!
Attire & Personal Items
- Play clothes are strongly suggested. Girls should wear shorts under dresses as our Climb, Crawl, Slide Sculpture features see-through materials.
- Closed toe shoes are mandatory. No sandals or flip flops permitted. Closed toe shoes (such as Crocks) must have straps or back closure. Shoes must remain on at all times.
- SPARK! is not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of personal items including but not limited to cell phones, purses, wallets, backpacks, etc.
- All personal items should be left at home, on buses, in cars, or will need to be monitored by group leader.
- We have a limited number of lockers available for use, however, you must bring your own lock. All locks left overnight will be removed.
- No loose personal items are permitted in the Climb, Crawl, Slide Sculpture.
- For group reservations, the per-student cost is based on the creative activity chosen and ranges from $8–$15.
- A 75% deposit of total cost is required 14 days prior to visit date. Balance of total cost is due on visit date. Balance will be adjusted up to +/- 10% based on headcount on day of visit.
- Cancelled visits will result in 50% refund of deposited amount up to seven (7) days prior to visit date. If visits are cancelled less than seven (7) days from visit date, deposits may be used against future scheduled visit date within 90 days. SPARK! will make every effort to reschedule visits.
Directions & Parking
- Our facility is located at 1409 South Lamar Street, Suite 004 in the basement and sub-basement of the South Side on Lamar Building in South Dallas. View here on Google Maps
- The Cedars DART station is located 1.5 blocks east of our building.
- Lot A is a surface lot charging $2.00 per day – Credit card or exact change required.
- Metered parking is available along Lamar. Meters take coins and payment by credit card.
- Buses may park in the Cedars parking lot located just north of the northeast corner of Belleview and Lamar across from the NYLO Hotel.
Conduct & Behavior
- All visitors are expected to explore the SPARK! facility and use SPARK! equipment in a safe and courteous manner.
- Group leaders are responsible for escorting students to the restroom facilities.
- Group leaders are responsible for the behavior and conduct of student visitors.
- Group leaders may be asked by SPARK! staff to remove children from activities if inappropriate, unsafe, or violent, verbal or physical behavior occurs.
- No smoking of any kind including e-cigarettes and vaporizers is permitted in the SPARK! facility.
Food & Drink
- Field trips may bring sack lunches/drinks if arrangements are made in advance.
- No gum is permitted in the SPARK! facility at any time.
- No outside food or drink is permitted during public Family Days unless organized through the events department.
- Snacks and drinks are available from our concession stand.
- SPARK! reserves the right to use any and all photographs taken during group visits for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed for any reason, please let us know.
- SPARK! reserves the right to take photographs and video during any public hours for promotional purposes.
- Visitors are encouraged to take pictures and share their experiences via social media.
Safety & First Aid
- The SPARK! facility meets all required city and state codes for safety.
- All visitors are encouraged to explore SPARK! using care, caution, and common sense.
- A first aid box is available for group leaders to administer first aid if necessary. SPARK staff is not responsible for administering first aid. SPARK! staff will contact 911 if first aid is not administered by group leader in an emergency.