Before Your Visit
- SPARK! is open to the public from 10am–4pm every Saturday, 12pm-5pm every Sunday, and 10am-4pm on select holidays (Labor Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, etc.)
- SPARK! is open for school field trips and group visits Monday – Friday 9:00 – 4:00.
- SPARK! is not a “drop-off” facility. Unescorted children will not be admitted.
- Programming visits to SPARK! are arranged by group reservation. Please access the group inquiry form here to get the process started.
- Chaperones are required and ratios depend on the age of the children and the activity selected.
- Deposit for group visits must be made 21 days prior to visit. Balance is due no later than visit date.
- Familiarize your group with the SPARK! Group Visitor Guidelines below.
Age of Visitors
- Recommended for children in 2nd grade and up.
- Children younger than 2nd grade, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Toddlers are not allowed in the Climb, Crawl, Slide sculpture.
- Strollers and baby carriers of any kind are not permitted inside SPARK!
Attire & Personal Items
- Play clothes are strongly suggested. Girls should wear shorts under dresses as our Climb, Crawl, Slide Sculpture features see-through materials.
- Closed toe shoes are mandatory. No sandals or flip flops permitted. Closed toe shoes (such as Crocks) must have straps or back closure. Shoes must remain on at all times.
- SPARK! is not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of personal items including but not limited to cell phones, purses, wallets, backpacks, etc.
- All personal items should be left at home, on buses, in cars, or will need to be monitored by group leader.
- We have a limited number of lockers available for use, however, you must bring your own lock. All locks left overnight will be removed.
- No loose personal items are permitted in the Climb, Crawl, Slide Sculpture.
- For group reservations, the per-student cost is based on the creative activity chosen and ranges from $9–$15.
- Deposit is due within 21 days of booking a group visit, or earlier if another group is requesting the same schedule. Final payment is due no later than visit date. Business checks are preferred. Credit cards are accepted and will include a handling fee.
- If you need to reschedule your visit, you must contact the programming department at least two (2) weeks before your scheduled visit date in order for your payment to be applied to a new visit date; rescheduling is based on availability. Any changes with the number of students must be made seven (7) business days prior to visit.
- A partial refund of 25% will be issued for any group visit cancelled more than 30 days from visit date.
- A full refund will be made ONLY in the event SPARK! is unable to conduct programming. This includes inclement weather that causes DISD to cancel classes, power failures or any other issue that may prohibit our ability to deliver a true SPARK! experience.
Directions & Parking
- Our facility is located at 1409 South Lamar Street, Suite 004 in the basement and sub-basement of the South Side on Lamar Building in South Dallas. View here on Google Maps
- The Cedars DART station is located 1.5 blocks east of our building.
- Lot A is a surface lot charging $2.00 per day – Credit card or exact change required.
- Metered parking is available along Lamar. Meters take coins and payment by credit card.
- Buses may park in the Cedars parking lot located just north of the northeast corner of Belleview and Lamar across from the NYLO Hotel.
Conduct & Behavior
- All visitors are expected to explore the SPARK! facility and use SPARK! equipment in a safe and courteous manner.
- Chaperones are responsible for escorting students to the restroom facilities.
- Chaperones are responsible for the behavior and conduct of student visitors.
- Chaperones may be asked by SPARK! staff to remove children from activities if inappropriate, unsafe, or violent, verbal or physical behavior occurs.
- No smoking of any kind including e-cigarettes and vaporizers is permitted in the SPARK! facility.
Food & Drink
- Field trips may bring sack lunches/drinks if arrangements are made in advance.
- No gum is permitted in the SPARK! facility at any time.
- No outside food or drink is permitted when SPARK! is open to the public unless organized through the events department.
- Snacks and drinks are available from our concession stand.
- SPARK! reserves the right to use any and all photographs taken during group visits for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed for any reason, please let us know.
- SPARK! reserves the right to take photographs and video during any public hours for promotional purposes.
- Visitors are encouraged to take pictures and share their experiences via social media.
Safety & First Aid
- The SPARK! facility meets all required city and state codes for safety.
- All visitors are encouraged to explore SPARK! using care, caution, and common sense.
- A first aid box is available for group leaders to administer first aid if necessary. SPARK staff is not responsible for administering first aid. SPARK! staff will contact 911 if first aid is not administered by group leader in an emergency.