Because of your support in 2016, 6,363 children increased their self-esteem and developed key problem solving skills by engaging in SPARK! programs. Approximately 40 percent of those children were from low-income families. In total, 14,213 visitors experienced total creative immersion at SPARK! More than 800 of those visitors were volunteers. Click here
to see how a 13-year-old student, Camellia, learned the creative process through sculpting clay.
Get Kids Engaged
- Encourage kids to use dance, theater, fine arts and more for their entry into the SPARK! Student Creativity Showcase by March 11. Top prizes include the opportunity to be a SPARK! instructor for the day and co-creating with a professional of your choice.
- Have college-age kids? SPARK! is looking for interns in the areas of Marketing & Events and Community Engagement. Learn more here.
- Stop by from 10am-4pm on any DISD school holiday including Jan. 16 and Feb. 20 for an added opportunity to engage with SPARK! Enjoy painting in 3-D with virtual reality, available for $10.
- Enjoy a costume contest, dancing, food and fun during the first ever event exclusively for teens, SPARK! Winter Party from 7-10pm on Jan. 21. For students in grades 8-12. $10 in advance; $15 at the door.
- After-school classes: February 22-May 17 Study photography, 3-D painting and more during these six week courses. Call 214-421-7727 to register. Ages 7-18.
- Spring Creativity Camp: March 13-17 Make insects from recycled materials, design colorful multimedia flowers, build a kite and more. Registration is now open online. Ages 7-12.
- Can’t get enough of SPARK! events? Purchase a SPARK! Membership and receive free admission during public hours, birthday party discounts and tickets to VIP events.