Creative Installation Contest
- To engage more members of the community with SPARK!
- Increase the number of exhibits to look at and interact with at SPARK!
- Combined with the interest to add more color, more interactive elements, and an ever changing environment, the competition will raise awareness about SPARK! and engage more of the creative community.
- High School Students
- College Students
- General Public
- Installation may be done in a single creative discipline or across multiple disciplines
- Concepts that are not already represented will have great appeal
- How will the Installation benefit SPARK! guests and serve our mission?
- What will make the installation exciting to interact with?
- Please present a timeline showing when the installation will be complete
- Can it be assembled off site and then installed? Or, does it need to be created on site?
- Where is the proposed location for the installation?
- What is the upkeep of the installation?
- What are the out of pocket cost for materials?
- Will re-purposed or recycled materials be used?
- What age range is the installation for? Is it safe for young children?
- Any measures need to be taken to ensure safety?
- Competition Launch October , 2016 – The opportunity to tour the facility will be a huge asset in designing your submission. Spec sheets are available at the SPARK! office.
- Now – March 31st – Installation ideas, sketches, timeline for installation and budgets due to SPARK! for review and questions.
- Now – June 30, 2017 – Winners notified and installation time frame scheduled.
Please submit online at Jotform.com.
- Name of Project
- Name of Designer
- Age of Designer (if high school)
- Contact Info
- A maximum of 150 words describing the project and presenting the experience offered to visitors
- Layout of selected images and/or sketches describing the project
- View or elevations of the installation indicating size and specifications of materials
- Time frame to install
- Budget for installation
- Level of Submission
- Parent Signature if in high school or under 18
All installations will be reviewed and judged by the SPARK! Creative Committee. All decisions are final. Prizes will be awarded upon completion of the installation.
|Audience||# of winning Installations||Level of Prize|
|High School Students||3||$250|
|High School Students||3||$500|
|High School Students||1||$1,000|
For more information on the competition, contact Community Engagement Manager Lori Carey at 214-421-7727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy creative fun for the whole family and explore our 6,000-ft. Climb, Crawl, Slide Sculpture from 10am-4pm every Saturday. Ideal for families with children in 2nd grade through high school. Pop-up activities include: Giant Light Bright, Recycled Art, Legos, Musical Dance Floor, Hula Hoops, Chalk Art, Poetry Magnets and Percussion. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets are $8 per person in advance; $10 per person at the door. Advance ticket sales end at 5pm the day before the event.
Birthday party packages are also available at this time.
Create With Cocktails
Bring your creativity and climbing clothes and we’ll bring the beer and wine. Join creative activities such as silk-screening and making items for the SPARK! gift shop + explore our 6,000-foot Climb, Crawl, Slide Sculpture. Want to leave your mark on the SPARK! environment? At this event, you’ll have the opportunity to add to a permanent installation. Light snacks are provided. Bring your coworkers or make it a girls night out! $10 per person in advance or at the door. 21+
None currently scheduled!
This event is for girls in 2nd grade through high school to explore our wildly creative environment and participate in a back-to-school themed creative activity. We will provide each participant with a pair of white canvas shoes to design and decorate. In addition to decorating their shoes, the girls will have an opportunity to share the story behind the inspiration for their unique design by creating a short story, poem, dance, or skit. SPARK! instructors will lead the girls through design and storytelling, teaching them about the creativity process and opening their eyes to their own creative potential. Stay tuned for the 2017 date!
Passport to SPARK!
Enjoy food, fun, drinks and entertainment during our annual fundraiser from 7–10pm on November 5. A silent auction will feature items made by our team of creative collaborators and children who’ve engaged in SPARK! programming as well as travel items, sports packages, gift cards, fashion items and more. Click here for more information.
SPARK! offers weeklong summer camps for children ages 7–10 and 11-14. Call (214) 421-7727 to learn about group reservations. Stay tuned for 2017 camp details.