Three new interns from Cristo Rey Dallas College Preparatory School have joined our team! We’ll be working with these students for the 2016-2017 school year and teaching them the ins and outs of running a non-profit organization. They will help with everything from marketing and events to programming and more. Keep reading to meet Mark, Esperanza and Imanol.
Mark Martinez, 14
1. Tell me your favorite thing about SPARK! I like the creativity and openness to new ideas. All of the staff are easy to talk to and very welcoming.
2. What are some of your hobbies? One thing I like to do is go to Six Flags, because I seek adrenaline. Video games are another thing I do in my free time. Last but not least, I love to play baseball.
3. Tell me about your family. I live with my mom. I am also close to my sister, grandmother and grandfather. My mom and dad are from America, but their parents are both from Mexico. My great grandfather on my mom’s side is 103-years-old.
4. How are you creative? I am creative because I think outside of the box and solve problems that other people might not have figured out.
5. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? If I could eat lunch with anyone, it would have to be Picasso. I want to know what he is like and learn to be as creative as him.
Esperanza Torrijos, 15
1.Tell me your favorite thing about SPARK! My favorite thing about SPARK! has been the playground. Here, kids can be kids. They are able to be creative, have fun, open their minds, explore and make new friends.
2.What are some of your hobbies? My hobbies include dancing and reading. Dancing has always been my passion, specifically jazz and modern. My favorite type of books are mystery and psychology.
3. Tell me about your family. I have two older brothers and one nephew, whom I love dearly.
4. How are you creative? I’m creative by not being a follower. I always take that extra step towards being open minded with myself and others.
5. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? The band One Direction. Because it would be an awesome experience getting to know them better and having them in the same room as me.
Imanol Rodriguez, 15
1.Tell me your favorite thing about SPARK! The people here are very nice and they make me feel very welcome.
2. What are some of your hobbies? In my free time I like to play soccer with my friends, go to the mall and buy shoes and read books about psychology.
3. Tell me about your family. I have four brothers and one sister. My brothers are all younger than me and my sister is the oldest out of all of us. We all like to play soccer and other sports.
4. How are you creative? I always think of ways to create something new and better.
5. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? One specific person would be my mom because I cherish every moment I get with her.